Footsteps Across The Delta
This programme maintains the elegance and eccentricity of the original 'African Safari under canvas'. The emphasis is on exploring this breathtakingly beautiful and diverse environment as the first African explorers did - either by Mekoro or on foot. Enjoy one of the great, untamed regions of Africa from ground level: a variety of habitats, riverine forest, palm islands, permanent swamps and dry sandveld all with an unparalleled wealth of animal diversity.
Footsteps Across The Delta is a comfortable camp within the private Shinde concession which accommodates up to 6 guests in three specially designed twin-bedded tents with sewn-in floors. Each tent has its own bucket shower and bush toilet, and even a daily laundry service. The 'bush kitchen' is run by our chef who prepares menus to whet every appetite.
Footsteps Across The Delta offers the highlights of a 'true safari' experience. No special training is required as distances travelled resemble those of early days, where the emphasis is on exploration and discovery; each morning tracking fresh spoor to reveal the night's events.
Availability of other activities varies throughout the year and includes early morning or late afternoon game-drives, Mekoro or fishing trips. The Footsteps Across The Delta walking experience also combines well with the luxuries offered by either Shinde or Kanana.
• Personal safari experience for a maximum of 6 guests at a time: an ideal option for small groups of friends or family
• Emphasis on guided walks allows a unique perspective: track wildlife; understand animal movement, patterns and behaviour; appreciate in depth information about trees, grasses and the finer details
• Permanent waters of the Okavango Delta allow year round Mekoro activities alongside dry areas for walking and game drives
• Wet and dry habitat ensures a wide variety of wildlife is consistently found in the area
• Base of our Young Explorers Delta Programme, a family safari led by a specialist guide that tailors the safari to suit children as young as 7 years old