A hidden jewel on the Xudum River, Kanana is located in the southwest of the Okavango Delta. The area encompasses a necklace of islands dotted with palms, figs, ebony and knobthorn, and is home to a myriad of birds, plants and animals. The nature of the habitat means it is the perfect place to experience the diversity of species found within the Okavango Delta.
Guests are accommodated in eight spacious, twin-bedded safari tents, each with en-suite bathrooms with shower, hot and cold running water and flush toilet. The tents are well spaced, affording privacy whilst remaining within comfortable distance from the main lodge area.
The annual floods transform this dry camp into a true water experience and you may actually enjoy the breathtaking spectacle of the water visibly rising around the camp’s raised teak decks.
Situated in the Kanana Concession, the focus of activities at Kanana varies with the rising and falling levels of the Okavango Delta. Activities include morning and late afternoon game drives in open safari vehicles, with afternoon game drives often continuing into the evening. Alternatively you may explore the crystal clear waterways by Mekoro or motorboat, and enjoy the magnificent variety of birds, plant and reptile species found in the area. Birding is spectacular, and Kanana hosts a seasonal heronry that teems with activity, a Kanana highlight which converts all visitors to avid 'twitchers' at first sight. Guided bush walks are highly recommended as is fishing for tilapia, African pike and sharptooth catfish.
• Private Kanana concession allows guided walks, Mokoro excursions and motorboat trips in addition to game drives and night drives
• Permanent waters of the Okavango Delta allow year round water activities (including fishing) alongside large dry areas for game drives
• Wet and dry habitat ensures a wide variety of wildlife is consistently found in the area
• Exclusive motorboat access to one of the Okavango Delta’s largest heronries
• Excellent area for birding with regular sightings of Pel's Fishing Owl