The Young Explorers programme is a specially designed safari that allows families the opportunity to discover the wonders of the African wilderness - together. One of the special attractions is its exclusivity: each family has the sole use of a private camp, allowing the daily schedule to be flexible and to be tailored around the ages and interests of all family members.
The Young Explorers programme is usually based at Footsteps Across The Delta, an intimate 6 bedded camp in the private Shinde concession. Each family books out exclusive use of the camp, thereby overriding the normal walking programme and the normal minimum age requirement.
Activities are planned with children in mind. The key to this is keeping children interested and stimulated, so shorter activities provide more diversity and interaction for the children. Our Young Explorers specialist guides are highly experienced in working with children, which allows the parents can relax and enjoy the wilderness, participating at their leisure.
Availability of activities varies throughout the year and includes early morning or late afternoon game-drives, Mekoro or fishing trips.
• Family safari experience for a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 guests (rates vary accordingly)
• Minimum age is 7 but special considerations may be made on application
• Available from 1st March - 30th November, subject to full camp availability
• Guides are experienced in Environmental Education for children, and activities are tailored according to the children's ages
• Each child receives a Young Explorers gift and certificate on successfully completing the safari