The Shinde concession is well known for its healthy population of leopards, especially the territorial male and female and their two cubs born last year, which all featured prominently in the video The Ker & Downey Experience (6 days in 6 minutes) .
Having waited many weeks for the appearance of the two new leopard cubs, the Shinde team were finally able to spend time and photograph the latest additions to the Shinde leopard family. If they are as photogenic as their parents and siblings, then guests at Shinde are assured of many amazing sightings for years to come!
Some facts on Leopards :
- Leopards have a gestation period of approximately three months and typically give birth to a litter of two to three cubs.
- Each cub at birth, is blind and almost hairless.
- They depend on their mother for food and do not leave the den until they are 3 months old.
- At 12 to18 months, the cubs are ready to live on their own
- Leopards are solitary creatures that only spend time with others when they are mating or raising young.
- Nocturnal and hunt at night.
- Excellent powerfull hunters
- Spend time in trees
- Do not need much water to survive
- The leopard's spots are called rosettes because they look like roses.